Wing Nuts

To: Tigers Digest <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Wing Nuts
From: "Ed E. Powell" <102430.3640@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 01 Apr 97 19:45:01 EST
Can't find mine, unfortunately (I think it might have fallen into the heater
core well), but my 1A came -- stock -- with the  _weighted_  air cleaner wing
nut.  I confess that I don't know the exact composition of the material, but
rumor and volumetric analysis suggests that it is filled with lead.  There does
appear to be some marring of the threads, perhaps due to the softer inner
material.  As most Tigeroos know, the additional weight was necessary for a few
late 1As to keep the front end down during acceleration of the 289 engine.
Sadly, Rootes records do not document this, and getting a TAC for my car is
impossible.

Nuts.

Eddy - grinnin' in Albany