Re: Product Announcement 4/1/97

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Product Announcement 4/1/97
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 17:22:49 -0800 (PST)

>I just examined my Genuine Rootes Air Cleaner Wing NSilencer Securing
>Fitting. It is a beautifully designed Wing Nut, with an emphasis on the
>Wing. The Wings are aloft in a jaunty 90 degree45 snglrsnglrangle from
>BOTH the horizontal and vertical planes (as measured by a Smiths
>inclonometeri). The finish is a satin pewter, with detailing of fine
>pin-points on the surface. There is NO ostentatious makers marks or
>serial numbers to mar this lustrous surface. Now, I hope I havent given
>away any SECRETS so that unscrupulous pirates will artificially clone
>these genuine parts to foist on the gullible masses for $1200. Mine,
>however, is for sale to the first $600 (cash-American) to reach me.
>
><8-)
>
>Steve

Steve,

Please, sign me up!!!  Can you give me some terms, say 2% 90, my cash flow
is a little rough right now.....but then, that's not  _your_  problem.......

While you are at it (and please, don't let this one get out....) I also need
some original rivets for my JAL and spec. plates.  Recently, while in a rare
very sober condition (I ran out of Pabst BR and my wife would'nt give me the
$8.99 it costs to buy a case at Von's) I suddenly (to my great horror and
dismay) noticed that these all important plates had been attached to the car
with (hold your breath) PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS!!!!  (AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!)

Now I am sure you can imagine my trepedation over the use of screws by the
previous owner.  Most especially as I was one of the original volunteers
during the TAC debate to offer to have my car (a)TAC'ed.  Gotta do somethin'
about this quick. If Ramon gets a hold of this news, he probably won't even
THINK of drinking a beer with me.  And Tom Hall probably will never, ever
answer another of my truly innane questions.....I'm sunk, ruined....Kaput!
(Damn krauts!)  You just gotta help me man, I'm desperate!!  Like I said,
please don't let the word out....'cause if it turns out I have an Alger, my
wife will probably leave me and she earns more money than I do (ain't
healthcare reform great!)  BTW, if you can't help, do you think I oughta
send Rick a private e-mail and ask him about rivets??  Again, thanks for
your discretion and any assistance you can offer....

Desperately Seeking Rivets,

Allan
B9472373
"Iron rusts with disuse, stagnant water loses it's purity, and in cold
weather becomes frozen, even so does inaction sap the vigors of the mind."
Leonardo Da Vinci