Re: Dana colours

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dana colours
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 08:31:13 -0700 (PDT)
I went with the Glyptal.  It is  very close to the original color as is the
Rustoleum product but the Glyptal seems to have about the right gloss.  It
may be glossier than what stock paint I had left but I deem that to be
appropriate in this application.  Glyptal seems like an ideal paint for a
potentially greasy surface like this.  I bet it will be real easy to clean
and wear well.

I have some Glyptal and a can of Krylon spray-on red insulating varnish.  I
also have a spray can of Rustoleum "Satin Redwood" (thanks Chad!).  I
sprayed some of the Krylon and the Rustoleum near a spot of "Good" paint on
the center section of my Dana44.  The Rustoleum is a real good match, maybe
not as glossy.  The Krylon was also very close when dry although it appeared
brighter than original.  I've yet to try the Glyptal but I will soon.

At 05:42 PM 5/4/97 -0400, BSTIG1@aol.com wrote:
>Frank,
>I believe what you're looking for is called "Glyptal".  The color is red and
>is avaliable through Eastwood products at 1-800-820-9042.  Catalog # is1262Z
>for 1 quart of brush-on and cat. #1260Z for spray.

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  "fix me"
                       Yamaha Seca 900