TACKY RIVETS

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TACKY RIVETS
From: Vonski@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 16:04:33 -0400 (EDT)
Okay, I'm no expert on rivets. There are pictures in the Sunbeam Specialties
catalog, as well as Norm's excellent book, "The Book of Norman".  Mine are
noted as original on my TAC certificate, so I'll try to describe them.

The rivets measure about 5 mm in diameter, with about a .7 mm height.  The
rim thickness is about 2 mm.  You notice the rivet rises fairly quickly from
the outside edge to the inner opening-they are definately not 'flat'.  Sorry
I can't be more precise.

Finally, a note.  I received the check for my Tiger today. As I will no
longer be an owner, you'll find my soapbox will be put away.  I don't feel I
have standing to shoot my mouth off about things issues in the Tiger
community when I no longer have a stake in them (is that a cheer I hear?
<g>).  I have always said things that I felt supported the marque, and if I
have angered or alarmed some of you, that was not my intention.  My goal  was
to provide the information I had so that others could use it to make informed
decisions that supported the marque.  I'd like to thank all of you who
agreed, or respectfully disagreed, because at least we're all thinking.  I
just hope that the sun never sets on Tigers, and long may they roar.

Von Levandowski
former owner B9472230/TAC #160
faded paint, torn upholstery, but shiny LAT 9s...
former member STOA, CAT
current member PTC (just can't leave a great club)
nationally published author on Sunbeam Tigers (Cobras '95 and Tiger Press #1)