Re: 10.7.51 of the CA. motor vehicle code -Reply

To: alcon@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: 10.7.51 of the CA. motor vehicle code -Reply
From: brockctella@juno.com (Brock C Tella)
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 12:09:21 PST
I just met with a detective with San Diego Police auto theft. The
"intent" is the interpertation they use. Some cars used "rosetta rivets"
to adhere the tags, some didn't. It is not a flag or any reason to
question a car registration do to rivets. They are quite aware that
restorations require the tags to be removed. As long as the intent is
not to defraud there is no problem. Rosetta rivets came originally from
cobblers (shoe repair). There was no mandate to use them.