Door panel fasteners

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Door panel fasteners
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 22:22:09 -0400
At 08:56 pm 6/2/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Progress!...
>The doors went in rather easy, too. I noticed that they rattle against the
doors' metal when tapped;
>if I pop the tops of the panel loose and apply a strip of selfadhesive
household weatherstripping to
>their backs it may go away. Also, the fasteners I bought were not supposed
to need the plastic
>sockets originally in the doors, but on both sides the fasteners along the
bottom seem loose (and
>_only_ there). Perhaps a retro-fit is in order; are they available? And I
the only one to find that
>the padding makes the panels bulge around the door pull enough to make it
impossible to get finger
>'twixt it and the door panel?...
>
>>Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"

Larry,
        I just replaced my door panels.  I used "Dorman 701-471 Door Panel
Fasteners"
to replace the rusted/broken original fasteners.  These are longer than the
originals and
therefore I had to modify the two lower rear clips to keep them from hitting
the
window raising bars.  No problems any where else.  I got the fasteners at a
local
auto parts store and identical ones at Pep Boys.  They come 2 to a pack and
no one
 stocked more than two packs, so I had to hit multiple stores to get enough.
These are normal replacements for Ford.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others