Re: By My Love

To: "marrone@wco.com" <marrone@wco.com>, "tigerpb@ids.net"
Subject: Re: By My Love
From: "Kempinski, Robert M." <RKEMPINS@SSF4.jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:36:00 -0500
Is the 351 the same as the 302 like I have in my '91 Mustang?

Rob
------
REPLY FROM: Kempinski, Robert M.
Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
From: Frank Marrone
To:  tigerpb@ids.net
Cc:  tigers@autox.team.net
Date: 1997-06-15 14:12
Message ID: F8049FD43DE5D011A2830020AFFC00CD

------

The Exploder is the only product on Fords web site that advertises a 5L
V8
(as an option). All other vehicles (including trucks) offer the 4.6L or
5.4L "Triton" engine.  Just because they sold some Exploders with the
5.0
in '97 doesn't mean they are still producing the engine.  I'd say from
the
lack of availability in any other platform it is very likely that the
original quote I posted is true.  At the best (as far as 5L lovers are
concerned) it is slightly premature. Can anyone offer any evidence to
the
contrary?

At 08:48 AM 6/15/97 +0100, Paul Burr wrote:
>Frank Marrone wrote:
>>
>> This was posted on the fordnatics miling list...
>>
>> > Ford *says* they dismantled the Windsor transfer lines (the engine
>> >building machinery) after doing that last run of Sportsman 351 blocks
>> >last year.  There are no more Windsors, nor does Ford still have the
>> >tooling to make them.  The Windsor is *gone*.
>

>Am I mistaken, but isn't the V8 in the Explorer the 5.0/302 that we all
>know and love? For an engine that not made anymore, there's an awful lot
>of 'em driving round here.

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  "fix me"
                       Yamaha Seca 900