More questions for the experts...

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More questions for the experts...
From: "Jeremy Fox" <jdf149@email.psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 23:53:04 +0000
Ok...well...I am still looking at picking up the Tiger for a semi
amatuer restore project.  For those of you who offered to help me
check things out, I appriciate it.  The car in question is located in
Massachusetts....it's a good hike for me here in PA.  Like I had said
before...it's biggest fault is the rocker panels are pretty much
history....a little bit of the structure underneath will need some
work as well.  If getting this fixed by a good welder isn't TOO
extreme of an undertaking, I can live with it fairly well.  I know it
isn't the most simple thing on earth, but it's an area where I would
invest in having someone who knows their stuff take care of that
spot.  The rest is just mainly simple surface rust here and there.  I
can clean things up and get it painted at one of several good
painters locally.  (There is a small shop within a few minutes of
here that does pretty quality work)  The floors and main framework
are all very solid.  The car sounds pretty good except for the rocker
area.

Well....I'd love to hear what anyone can tell me about how extreme is
such an undertaking.  Also, the fellow was committed to getting a
parts car for it that I may have to take as well, if he can't back
out....it should help things alot, but I am going to be tight for
space if I'd have both!  What is the market for such things like?
It's more than I can conviently keep here for any long period.  That
will jack up the price for my buying it as well, so I have to see if
things are still practical enough for me to swing it for now.

Thanks to anyone for hearing my random ramblings... :)

Jeremy