Stock vs. Modified and other stuff

To: Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stock vs. Modified and other stuff
From: mmeswarb@huntel.net
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 18:33:47 -0500
First, a suggestion to help curtail the cost of a show.  Our Mustang
club gets Mustang friendly companies in the area to sponser the trophy
for a class. This eliminates any expense to the club for purchasing
trophies and is a good way for these businesses to advertise.

I disagree with the comment in a previous post, that most car clubs
are returning to stock.  A prime example is the Shelby American Club.
This year they have expanded to 3 days of open track at Elkhart Lake.
That's because they like to drive them and concourse cars don't stay
concourse very long under those conditions.  Don't get me wrong, I can
appreciate the great effort put into a stock restoration, I've done
it.  I found, in my experience, that I only restored the car to
someone elses specifications, spent all morning prior to the show
sweating the details, then sat in the hot sun waiting to be judged.
I don't think Lord Rootes was sold on the Tiger concept based just
on the way that V-8 engine "looked".

Anyway, even though I couldn't be there, I am jealous of all you that
could.  Congrats to Norm and everyone who worked so hard to put this
event on.  Sounds like you will have some new volunteers for a judging
committee on the next Tigers United.

Mark