Re Tach and Rust Advice

Subject: Re Tach and Rust Advice
From: Will Seay <wseay@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 19:12:44 -0400
Allan Connell wrote:

> >Secondly, some rust advice.  One area of the car that was missed during
> >restoration (twice) was the driver side floor boards.  Several thumb sized
> >holes were hiding under the jute moisture-holding sponge material.  Surgery
> >will cure the major damage, but I'm curious what chemical warfare should be
> >launched on the remaining surface rust before painting and what rust
> >inhibitor paint would be best (Hammerite?).
> >
> >thanks in advance,
> >
> >Scott B382100117
> >

> Scott,
>
> Sorry you have not had more replys.....
>
> However, your questions pertain to issues concerning the care and
> safekeeping of your otherwise pristine Tiger.  Frankly, as the protector of
> the cause I feel compelled to relate to you that your questions are
> sincerely just too mundane for this group as of late.  Some advice to add
> controversy to assist you in your quest:
>
> First, insert a dirty joke into your message along with your legitimate
> question.  This will cause the likes of Laifman, et al, to truly read your
> message and render the favour of a reply.  If you really want attention,
> insert some unintentional racial slurs....you are sure to get many replys,
> and some of them not so nice.  But as they say, negative attention is
> better than no attention at all.  If you really get desperate, insert
> questions about appropriate attire, such as caps and you will certainly get
> many replys with good information, usually preceeded by a BTW.
> Ulltimately, what I suggest you do is to become a bit more cocky.  Though
> it may be out of character for you, it is VERY important to the Tiger
> persona.
>
> All kidding aside, appologies to all, most especially Mr. Laifman with his
> wonderful sense of humor.  Peace to all.  Most importantly, LETS STOP
> SCREWING AROUND AND HELP THIS PERSON OUT!!
>
> Cherrio!
>
> Allan  (hates the Brit crap but loves the car......)
> B9472373

Scott,

You might want to try Eastwood's Corroless rust stabilizer.
Eastwood says this is the same stuff that they use on offshore
oil rigs for rust protection.  I am told that Corroless is the
same as POR (short for Paints Over Rust) which is a favorite with
local rednecks and has likely graced the floorboards of many a
Trans-AM.  You can prepare the metal with a wire brush.  Just
make sure that there's no flaking left when you apply Corroless.

I'm using Corroless on the floorboards of my MK1, so even if I
don't know what I'm talking about, you know that I practice what
I preach.  Please note the "redneck" slur inserted in accordance
with Allan's advice.  I'm not sure whether it's racial, ethnic or
other.  Maybe we can get some advice on that.

BTW, Eastwood includes the following notices:

     CONTAINS: "Contents partially unknown", ...

     WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the state
     of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other
     reproductive harm.

With a little luck we may be able to get a rise from both the Alien
lunatic faction and the Environmental crowd as well as the
usual PC do-gooder bunch.  Good luck.

--
Will Seay - B382001570 - wseay@sprynet.com