RE: Generator Slime

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, "'Bob Reynolds'" <info@standard-knapp.com>
Subject: RE: Generator Slime
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 00:37:16 -0700
Bob wrote:  "Anyone have any ideas what is happening?  The generator has
new field coils.  "  There not new anymore !!  Sounds like they shorted,
overheated, and melted their epoxy type insulation, which was pulled
forward by the draw of the generator fan and deposited in a nice thin
line all around the front of the engine compartment.  That would be my
guess.

Rich