generator slime

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: generator slime
From: Maria Knapek <mariak@razorlogic.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 21:04:39 -0700
Bob:
        My guess is, you are over-charging. The generator has a stationary
field winding, so nothing will centrifugally fly off the field coils.
The armarure on the other hand is a revolving mass that is dipped during
the rewinding process in a resin type insulating shellac. The armature
is then baked to harden the shellac. If the generator is allowed to
charge un-regulated for even a short time, the heat generated will
re-melt the shellac coating and centrifugally throw it through the
cooling vents of the generator.
        Your field coils are probably still good, but I don't feel the same for
your armature. You also need to address your over-charging problem, the
regulator is suspect.
        Dennis Knapek