XK-140 for sale

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: XK-140 for sale
From: "A. C. Tynes" <actynes@communique.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 21:27:12 -0500 (CDT)
Group,

        I know it's not a V-8 or even a 4 like an Alpine, but somebody out
there may be interested.

        From the New Orleans Times-Picayune today (exactly as written):

        "XK140-1957 Jaguar * 35,000 orig. mi.; C-type "red" head (comp.
engine); C-type pkg.; Orig. automatic trans (BW); Fix-head coupe'; exc.
restoration cond. Complete car all orig. $5000 FIRM. 601-268-9050"

        I know nothing else about the car or seller, but thought the
reference to C-type engine sounded interesting (but with an automatic?).
Area code 601 is the entire state of Mississippi. Since there is no
autocross this weekend, I could be talked into taking a look at it if
somebody will tell me what to look for and if it is in the lower half of the
state. Or feel free to call direct.

A. C. Tynes
Usetobe owner of a Mark I
New Orelans, La.