Turn signals flasher

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Turn signals flasher
From: "Chris S. Mottram"<Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 00:03:25 -0400

From: Chris S. Mottram@ECCI on 08/02/97 12:03 AM

I can't get my left front turn signal to flash or light at all.  The
parking light comes on just fine so I assume the ground to the lamp unit is
OK.  When I use my volt meter to check for power I get about 2.5 volts
constant with a rythmic pulse (the flash) of 5-6 volts.  This is the same
as what I get at the right front signal unit (that one works).  Yes the
bulb (1156) is OK.  Bulbs work in the right, not in the left.  The rear
signals flash fine. Is this the right amount of power coming to the signal
lights?  My meter won't measure amps, could I be getting enough volts but
not enough amps?  What's the difference?

Thanks,
Chris
Series 5