ballast resistor

To: ".Tiger List" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ballast resistor
From: Jim Parent <jimparent@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 09:53:40 -0400
All,

Now I'm confused on a different subject.

While reading all the great information about the starter solinoid I ran
across the following:

>> Although the ballast resistor may have disappeared along with the poin=
>> type ignition,...................

I put a Mallory unilite distributor in my 302 in place of my Ford
dual-point and I left the ballast resistor in.  I thought that the ballas=
resistor was supposted to limit running voltage to the coil but allow ful=
12 volts at start.  If so, then the type of breakers would not seem to
matter.

Comments?

Regards,

Jim