Re: Pull it

To: anitabrt@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Pull it
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:09:44 -0700
On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:02:07 -0400 Anita Barrett
<anitabrt@mindspring.com> writes:
>At 07:59 PM 8/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>
>        The Tiger books I have recommend taking the motor with
>transmission
>out through the top.  That is why I recommended raising the Tiger up
>front on tall jack stands,( to clear the transmission tail housing
>when motor/transmission are at a 45 degree up angle.  I have pulled

I think its about an even split:  some go for the top, some the bottom
(No wise cracks Ramon)...  I've always used the top like the shop
manual, but after helping Kevin doing it out the bottom, that's what
I will do next time.   The procedure is:
1. Jack front of car
2. remove crossmember
3. put jack under trans, engine hoist holds front of engine
4. drop engine and trans while pulling forward out of x-frame
5. lower onto piano dolly (or Kemplinsky(sp?) engine dolley
    (see Mark Olson Tiger web site)
6. roll out

easy and safe!

Gary