Re: cooling hot tigers

To: ".Tiger List" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: cooling hot tigers
From: Jim Parent <jimparent@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 02:37:04 -0400
OK, I'm confused.  How is it that the cooling system can tell which side =
of
the radiator the pressure cap is on and why would it care?  The pressure
cap does not exist unless it opens and then, on my system at least, it le=
ts
water out of the system without regard for where it was a few seconds ago=
=2E

Regards,

Jim
B9470139

Message text written by Tom Hall
>Unfortunately for "Stock" advocates, the factory designed pressure cap i=
located on the WRONG side of the radiator for optimum performance.  It
should have been mounted on the highest point of the lowest pressure poin=
in the system.  Simply moving this cap from the left tank to the right ta=
nk
will bring the dynamic system pressure (in the engine) up by some 3 to 7
PSI.  This simple change can make some marginal Tiger cooling systems ful=
ly
adequate.<