Re: Missing Tiger

To: Spook37211@aol.com
Subject: Re: Missing Tiger
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 12:37:53 +0100
Ray,

Ran the Edlbrock 1406 on two Mustangs for years without any problems. If
you took it apart, does that mean it was a used carburetor, with an
uncertain past? Are you sure the springs, rods, jets, etc. are as
recommended by Edelbrock for your application? There are many options
listed in the catalog for emissions use, economy, performance, marine,
application, etc. The idle by-pass screws were all I ever touched to
clean up the idle. I have been told, by those experienced with both
carbs, that the Edelbrock is smoother in transition all the way up, and
with one horizontal gasket above the gas level, leak free. I am told,
however, that it does not have center-pivot floats, so could starve on
Autocross/racing turning. Otherwise a much better street choice.

Of course, it isn't "factory option"

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >