Re: Rod Length

To: a-richat@microsoft.com
Subject: Re: Rod Length
From: RPalmerBob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 11:31:12 -0400 (EDT)
Rich,

Thanks for the response.  Let's see, currently I think we have one vote for
more torque with shorter rods and one vote for more torque with longer rods.
 Any more votes out there?  Whichever answer is right, if either is, my
question is "Where does the power go in the case with less torque?"
 Friction?  If both cases have the same displacement, volumetric efficiency,
etc., etc., burn the same amount of air/fuel mixture, etc., etc, then what
happened to the difference in power output?  Kinda want to hold on to that
old consevation of energy concept for awhile.

Something to ponder for awhile.

Bob