California Registration Tags

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: California Registration Tags
From: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 18:09:09 -0700
I bought my registration tags today for the Mk1.  Cost me $128 which
I thought was quite high for a 32 year old car.  The lady at DMV
told me it is because the car is a classic.  I tried to tell her
that it is just a 32 year old car but she wouldnt listen to me.
She told me to write to the DMV in Sacramento for a determination
of whether the fees should be adjusted.

My question to the newsgroup is: Anyone out there register a Mk1
this year in California and how much did they charge you for the tags?
I hope that I dont find out that the state is dinging me extra fees
just because the car is smog exempt and therefore wont generate
Smog Check II fees.
--
Larry Allbritton
B9472723