Re: Info & part hunting

To: "Terry Curry" <terry_curry@webtv.net>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Info & part hunting
From: "D.Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 21:36:53 -0400
My own tainted advice;
Stock fuel pumps wern't much good in 65, get something from this decade. I
have a Stewart Warner that has not quit on me yet and makes as much noise
as an SU.

My gas tanks did not leak, the inside looked ok after many years in the
garage, so a couple coats of Rustoleum on the outside and the inside is
bare. OK so far.

Traction Master type traction bars are avalible from Sunbeam Specialties. I
understand that some welding is required. Bolt on bars are avalible from
most speed shops and mail order outlets that cater to the drag race types.
I've got some old Lakewood traction bars and I don't know yet if I'm happy
with them or not

One last note; Autocrossing without traction bars shakes the car so much
that your freshley painted body panels rattle against each other and chip
the paint.

Happy Motoring

Doug Leithauser