Re: Classic Cars ?

To: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Subject: Re: Classic Cars ?
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 14:45:39 +0100
Phil and Jeff,

Phil - If you aren't on the web, you should be. Great stuff. So get the
tools and become a "Customer".

Jeff - Phil's got a point. Have you tried looking up "Classic Car"
website? I tried yahoo and altavista. Got hundreds of responses, non of
which appeared to be your reference site. Skipping by the clubs,
auctioneers, sellers of cars, etc. to "magazines" I found two Classic
Car magazines, joined at the hip with a common start page, nut
completely different. One was the Australian Classic Car Magazine

the other was the New Zealand Classic Car Magazine. Both appeared very
good, and the common web site link has a picture of something resembling
a fiberglass kit car replica of a sort-of Alpine.

Here are the appropriate URL's:
Common Site: <http://www.ccar.com.au/> (with picture)
Australian Classic Car: <http://www.ccar.com.au/aus/>
New Zealand Classic Car: <http://www.ccar.com.au/nz/>

The Australian magazine has reviewed a potful of cars, but no Tigers.
The New Zealand mag has an equally impressive list, but hasn't printed a
Tiger article in years. They both list all articles published. I'd
cut&paste them for you, but it would take a half-hour to download just
the list.

To re-phrase Phil's question, O.K., I'm on the web, what's the URL of
the site you're referring to?

Anyone want to guess at what car that is on the common site? I'll
blow-up the image I down-loaded in my Photoshop and zoom in to see if
that's "SUNBEAM" across the front.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >