Pentastar -Reply

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, tartanad@ix15.ix.netcom.com
Subject: Pentastar -Reply
From: John Crawley <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:44:33 -0700
Jeff:
I nominate this for "The best posting of the month"!!
Thanks for the story.

Godspeed
Jc

>>> tiger technologies <tartanad@ix15.ix.netcom.com> 10/31/97 12:37pm

To All:
Perhaps only Norm Miller has the real scoop regarding the Pentastar,
however
I will relate my own story regarding the symbol.

 I purchased my MK1A new from Ted Block Sports Cars in West Covina,
Calif.in
January, 1967. I have photos showing no ornamentation on the
passenger side front fender. About 6 months after my purchase, the
generator failed and the car was returned to the dealer for service. After
I picked it up, I noticed a Pentastar adorning the lower right fender. In
checking, I was told the dealer was notified by Rootes/Chrysler to install
the gizmo on cars when they had the opportunity.

Urban myth? Perhaps. But not in my case.

Keep Tigerrrrin'

Jeff/TT