Re:

To: Bill Gegg <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Subject: Re:
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 22:02:26 -0500
At 07:47 AM 10/31/97 -0800, you wrote:
>A recent thread mentioned that Tiger II's had a Chrysler Penta Star and I
was wondering if any Tiger 1A ended up with the Chrysler star.  About 15
years ago, living in Las Vegas, I purchased a Tiger, B382001836LRXFE and
have been driving it since.  The car has a Chrysler Star between the front
wheel arch and the doors.

>The car also has evidence of a clutch explosion, which I am now repairing
and evidence that it raced at Riverside.  Any info on the beast would be
appreciated.

Bill,
According to my info you have a 1966 Mark 1A , probably with a 260, one of
1781 made.
I don't know for sure when Chrysler bought Sunbeam, but It appears that it was
at least in 1966.  Your Star is in the same place as mine on a 67 Tiger II.
(assuming you are talking about the passenger side.)
By the way, the Tach redline marking was higher on the 289 Tiger II than on the
older Tigers.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others