PENTASTAR

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: PENTASTAR
From: rootes1@best.com (Norman Miller)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:50:32 -0800 (PST)
Duncanson has asked me to supply the following on his behalf. During the
recent "pentastar" thread, David reminded me that there was a "factory" memo
dated 2/66, dealing with the introduction of this little Chrysler logo.
Since he has been very busy moving house (as he puts it) I agreed to pass on
the text from:

MODELS SUPER MINX IV ESTATE, MINX VI, ALPINE V,
       TIGER, IMP DE LUXE.

Design Instruction No. CB 2964

"PENTASTAR" BADGE FOR ALL N.A.S. MODELS

At the request of Management, it has been decided that all N.A.S. vehicles
will have a "Pentastar" badge fitted to the Lower Front Wing on the right
hand side only.  These are to be fitted as from the 1st February.

Therefore Planning Departments at Ryton, Linwood and Jensens are requested
to arrange for suitable drill jigs to be made to drill holes to fit the
badges in the positions shown in the accompanying sketches.  Provision is
also to be made for a suitable sealing compound to be used under the badge
and around the fixing studs.  This is to be dome to prevent water seeping
through the holes and causing rust stains.

Supply Department are requested to have sufficient quantities of the Nylon
fixing bushes 9132945 (Carr Fastener's number 78/269), "Pentastar" badges,
and Sealing Compound Expandite SR 51 Part. No. 2517444 (or in the event of
this not being readily available, the sealing compound used currently for
glazing operations my be employed.) at Linwood, Ryton and Jensen's and the
4000 badges which are situated a Ryton at the present moment, should be
divided accordingly, in order that they may comply with this request.

Inspection Departments at Linwood, Ryton and Jensen's are requested to
ensure that all Badges are fitted in line with sketches supplied.

These 4000 badges are to be fitted as a temporary measure until such time as
the Production badge, and instruction drawings are issued.

Hope this was of some interest,

Norman C. Miller

Rootes Group Depot
"The International Registry Of Sunbeam Tigers"
"The Book Of Norman, Volume I"
"Tiger Press"
"Web Page" <http://shell3.ba.best.com/~rootes1>