RE: Fans again

To: Carmods@aol.com, "'Steve Laifman'" <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: RE: Fans again
From: "KEMPINSKI, ROBERT M. (JSC-OS)" <robert.m.kempinski1@jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 08:31:46 -0600
> ,
        >The critical issue, which I believe you correct in a later mailing,
is
        >that the fan belt must still line up with the generator
(alternator) and
        >crank pulley. I believe these are special to the Tiger, and located
        >fairly close to the block already. One could space the generator
back,
        >some, but the crank pulley may be as far back as it can get. Need
some
        >critical thought/dimensions and availability of pulley sources.
        >
        >Anyone with experience here?

        I agree about moving the fan back by pushing the pulley back.  When
I reinstalled my new water pump the fan pulley and generator pulley didn't
line up well. I also installed  a larger 4 core radiator.  As a result, my
fan is buried deep in the shroud and I'm having heat problems.  I recently
bought a NOS Ford 5 bladed asymetrical fan, but haven't had a chance to try
it out.  I will take off the water pump and press the pulley fitting as far
back as it will go.  I'm hoping this will help.

        Rob Kempinski
        Houston Texas