Re: Tiger wheel bolt pattern size

To: john brawley <johnj7@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger wheel bolt pattern size
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 19:03:04 -0500
At 07:03 PM 11/30/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Can anyone tell the the bolt pattern size for the Tiger in
>mm and inches? Is it 4 X 108mm or 4 X 4.25 inches?
>
>               Thanks, John

John,
        I agree with most every one else.  The Tiger has 4X 4 1/4" pattern.
A lot of 4 bolt Mustang, Caprii and Pinto wheels also have the 4 X 4 1/4
pattern, but
they usually have slightly larger stud holes than the Tiger.  If you are
considering
changing the wheels, be aware that the taper on the TIGER/Alpine lug nuts
is sharper than the taper on US lug nuts and most aftermarket replacements.
If you use Tiger nuts on a US wheel it is likely that the taper on the nut
and the
wheel does not match and vice versa.  You can mess up the holes in the
wheels with the wrong lug nuts.  I have yet to see a wheel come off due to
the wrong taper of lug nuts, but it is a problem waiting to happen.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others