Re: Non Alpine or Tiger content but funny anyway.

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Non Alpine or Tiger content but funny anyway.
From: "Chris S. Mottram"<Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:47:32 -0500

Chris S. Mottram@ECCI
12/19/97 11:47 AM

The JATO powered Chevy was debunked on the british car mailing list about
1.5 years ago by a bunch of listers/engineers who new enough about JATO
thrust, automobile wind resistance, etc. to determine that a the
contraption would not have anywhere near the top speed of 350 mph. (It was
in the 100's).  This thread (I wish I saved it) went on for a week or two
with the engineers calculating the acceleration and speeds for JATO asisted
Bugeye sprites, minis, etc.

Chris
Foot assisted takeoff Alpine