Re: Rust, etc.

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, <edbutler@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Rust, etc.
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 97 13:32:32 -0500

     Any 30+ year old British car is bound to have some rust.  Rust
     proofing in the 60's was virtually nonexistent.  Look inside the front
     fenders of a Tiger, they were sealed with a putty type of sealent
     where the inner fender meets the outer fender.  This dries out and
     shrinks or falls out letting water into the rocker panels. Not the
     best way to waterproof a car. Confine your search to the southern
     states and away from the coast line.  Finding a Tiger that spent all
     its time in the southwest is your best bet, little rain and no salt.

     Jeff