Re: Idle Restoration

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Idle Restoration
From: CobMeister <CobMeister@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:25:44 EST
Hey G. Stephen,
As a benchmark, I just had my Tiger hauled from San Francisco to El Paso,
about 1200 miles, for $595 which was BY FAR the best price I could find for
the job.  Of course, my car was operable and could be driven on and off the
auto transporter.  The transporter was open, not a van which is MUCH more
expensive.

Just open up the Houston yellow pages and you will find at least half-a-dozen
auto transport companies.  Do use somebody who is bonded.  Do make sure your
own insurance (probably your home owner's) will cover you for loss or damage,
do NOT buy their insurance which will cost about $200 for two weeks.

Since your car is not operable I would suggest that you get a trailer and go
after it.  At least that way you have some chance of getting all the bits and
pieces.

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM
'65 MKI & '66 Plus 4