Re: Idle Restoration

To: Cool VT <CoolVT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Idle Restoration
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 23:43:37 -0800
Steve,

Mark's comments reminded me.......I have indeed had this done in the past
myself....regualr old moving company don'cha know.  When we relocated from
Seattle to San Diego about 11-12 years ago, the moving company had no
problem loading my '55 Chevy beater truck into the moving van. Though the
laws require it, they did not even make me remove the gas out of the tank
for the long trip.  Driver said, "Not to worry, I ain't spilled a trailer
yet an' don't aim to start."  Oh well, his insurance.  Mark is right, if
you are willing to wait a bit, you could get a pretty good deal for moving
your pride and joy.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373 (Cynicism Sucks!)

At 11:23 PM 12/21/97 EST, Cool VT wrote:
>Steve,
>
>I would think a possibility for moving the cars might be through any of the
>nationally franchised moving companies in your area.  They or another
>franchisee sometimes have an empty truck coming your way and if they are
>desperate enough will haul just for the cost of their fuel.
>
>They would never like the puplic to know that they do this, but they have
been
>known to do it.
>
>Of course it would have to be an easy move for them.  No driver or company is
>going to want to fool around picking up cars or parts for a few hours without
>being paid.  Another possibility would be to locate a "broker" who arranges
>moves for private haulers.  They will have contacts across the country.
Think