Re: Hardtops

To: Dave McDermott <dave.mcdermott@cusys.edu>
Subject: Re: Hardtops
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 13:23:55 -0800
At 05:35 PM 1/5/98 -0700, Dave McDermott wrote:
>        Bill,
>
>        I have also noticed a number on some but not all of the hardtops I
>have restored. However if I recall it was on the B post support under where
>the quarter window attaches. I think the number was different on different
>tops from which I concluded that it was some kind of serial number. However
>I also have never seen anything in the books that mention this number.
>
>        Dave

With regard to hartops for the Tiger........

I procured a hard top for my Tiger shortly after aquiring the beast.  Story
is it came off of an Alpine.  Interesting thing is that it is made of
fiberglass, rather than the steel tops I have normally seen on Tigers and
Alpines.  Other than that, it looks to be identical to it's steel
relatives.  Any ideas where this hard top came from??  Surely it is not
original.  But the headliner, hardware, rear wind wings and gaskets look
identical.

Just curious.

Allan
B9472373