Re: Block Casting

To: "Erich Arndt" <earndt@popi.net>
Subject: Re: Block Casting
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 21:21:53 -0500
At 09:26 AM 1/10/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Question to the masses that should prove a little less controversial than
>my last...
>
>I have a Ford block that I think is a 351-C or M.  The casting says D2AE-CA
>/ with a / 2A22 / cast directly below that.  The block is 4-bolt on all
>main caps.  Anybody got any insight on what the block actually is?
>
>Thanks,
>    Erich Arndt
        My info says the the casting is either a 72-74 351C Boss, 71 Cobra
Jet, High
Output or a 72-74 4V 351-C.  You have a very rare block.  Some 71 351-Cs with
2 bolt main caps were also D2AE-CA but not machined for the 4 bolts.
The deck height is 9.206 inches in a 351C and 10.297 in a 351-M.
        The 351C will fit a Tiger only after extensive frame rail, fender well
and firewall modifications.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others