Lettering

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lettering
From: Steve Lemp <steve@ramus.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:38:41 -0800
I'm in the process of returning my 64 MkI to more of an original state and
thought I might be able solicit some help from someone on the list. I would
like to attempt to reinstall the 'SUNBEAM' lettering on the nose of the car.
The difficulty that I have is that a PO (either by choice or because of
damage repair) filled the mounting holes concealing their locations. The
paint on the car is immaculate, but I'm still willing to re-drill the holes
as long as I'm confident in the accuracy of the hole location. I've found
that on the underside of the double-walled sheet metal there are some fairly
large holes which may represent the general location of the mounting clips,
but in my conversation with Rick @ Sunbeam Specialties, these holes may or
may not be accurate.

My question: Does anyone have either a Tiger or an Alpine with similar
lettering that would be willing to make a template of the hole location for
me? A pencil and paper "rubbing" over the holes would be more than adequate
to establish the spacing and position.

I would never ask anyone to remove the letters and risk possible damage to
them or the paint finish, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask in the event
that someone has a car with the holes already exposed.

If you might be able to help, please contact me directly rather than taking
up space on the list.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Lemp
B9470250