Re: Number of Tigers listers

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Number of Tigers listers
From: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 08:42:33 -0700
Steve:
Just a note of interest:
 A few years back I was visiting a little mid Western Museum and got to
talking to a elderly English chap who was touring with his wife. He and I
were both looking at a display of engines and got to talking about
automotives. He said that he had worked for Lister for years "on the bench"
as a engine builder and that he had built the V-8s for the Tigers. He
boasted that his V-8s were better than those built by Shelby. He was very
crusty and opinionated  but  an interesting fellow that would have had some
great stories to tell if we had had the time to spend.  It sticks in my
mind that his name was Jack Thomson or something like that.  Unfortunately
I misplaced his card, in my 5 tons of paper that I will someday file, and
so have never written to him. This is unfortunate as most of the people
involved with these cars are now getting up in age and their stories will
soon be lost forever.  I urge anyone that has such an opportunity in the
future to document / videotape the source / story and perhaps send a copy
to Norman for safe keeping. That is if Norman is agreeable.
Godspeed
Jc