Re: Stainless and Aluminized Exhaust

To: "Steve Laifman" <laifman@flash.net>,
Subject: Re: Stainless and Aluminized Exhaust
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 08:55:02 -0500
My car has headers from Sunbeam specialities, they are better built
(heavier flange, less interference) than the unknown brand headers I
replaced. I did have them Jet-Hot coated, & so far I'm happy with the
results, but don't really have a lot of time/miles on them. I first test
fitted the new headers & did a little "hammer adjusting" to give clearance
in a few spots & sent them off to jet hot. $300 later they look good, no
discoloration & my homemade exaust is pretty quiet & I don't have exaust
vibrations coming inside the car. My exaust is not aluminized nor
stainless, but,  with the exception of the headers, it only cost me about
$80.
Doug Leithauser