Re: More Speedometer Cable Questions

To: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Re: More Speedometer Cable Questions
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 18:04:49 +0100

Bill Martin wrote:

>   Lannie,
>
>  My guess is that the cable you installed is to tight at the speedo, Norm
> and I just put in a new cable in a MKII and I had to loosen the cable at
> the speedo head which stopped the bouncing. If the cable is to tight into
> the speedo head it can damage it. As for the speedo gear you can still get
> them from your local Ford dealer. Good luck
> Bill

Bill,

Ran into such an issue.  Turns out the problem was the new core was made too
long,
causing undue load an the speedo when correctly tightened.  The knurled
nut/sheath
end is also capable of slipping it's position, as it is poorly crimped.  This
can
give the same effect as a ong cable, a short housing.  That was another source,
besides frayed core, that I experienced, but failed to mention.

Thank you.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >