Re: Alpines vs. Tigers

To: thebowens@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Alpines vs. Tigers
From: CMeinel464@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 09:12:21 EDT
Dallas,

The problem of the Alger being sold off as a Tiger never seems to happen with
either the person who makes the conversion or the first buyer.... The probelem
seems to happen after a the Alger goes through a few sales and when Mr or Mrs
X sees the chance to make a few extra $$$$$$$.

I have said this before and I'ts OK to dissagree with me, but somewhere,
somehow, someone will get burned.... I know, I have had a few customers of
ours pay big bucks for Tiger clones.  Just think how you would feel.

I know of two conversions in my area ( New York), that could easily be passed
off as Tigers.  Both these owners are nice guys and have still have the Alpine
VIN numbers on them.  These Algers are so good that it would only take a Tiger
VIN plate and a few trim parts (Tiger script) to raise the value two-three
fold.  You must admit it's very likely that someday one of them will be passed
off as a original.

Just my thoughs,

Curt
Classic Sunbeam