Re: Alpines vs. Tigers

To: "tigers" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, "Steve Laifman" <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Subject: Re: Alpines vs. Tigers
From: "B9470080" <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 10:11:41 -0700
Steve,
I checked HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS at their website searching for the "Top 10
Collector
Cars In The World."  The list is there.  It is prepared by Dave Brownell,
editor of Hemmings Motor News
and Special Interest Autos.  However, the list is for 1997 Potentially
Profitable Sleepers, not "The Top 10
Collector Cars In The World". The list is prepared each year for the annual
Motor Media Convention.
Other cars on the 1997 list were 66 T-Bird Conv., 63-65 Ford Falcon
Futura/Falcon Sprint Conv.,
84-86 Ford SVO Turbo Coupe Mustang, among others.

There are so many list these days that it is not hard to imagine the TIGER
being on more than one.
"Top 10 Collector Cars In The World" may be a slight stretch.  "Top 10
Collector Cars In The World
Under $40K is a sure bet in my book!

 How about "Top 10 Enthusiasts Cars?  Bases on my short time in
"The Tiger Community", the Tiger would be number 1!!!  Yes, it seems that
we have an almost fanatical
 and sometimes misguided enthusiasim for these RARE CLASSICS.

B9470080

----------
> From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
> To: Dallas Bowen <thebowens@yahoo.com>
> Cc: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Alpines vs. Tigers
> Date: Sunday, June 14, 1998 9:07 AM
>
> Dallas,
>
> You want a hot rod.  Buy a hot rod.  If your "investment" is for your own
> pleasure, alone, enjoy it.  But remember, an Alpine can be purchased for
$300
> and a lot of parts thrown on to make a "rod".  This does not increase the
> intrinsic worth of that car, as it is not rare, or unique.  Modifications
are
> never recoverable financially. A good stock Alpine, in fact, may be worth
more
> than an Alger.
>
> There are a number of well known, and very fast, winning racers with
Fords in