RE: East vs. West

To: <STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: East vs. West
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:25:44 -0700
Stu,

Sincerely sorry if you have been mislead.  It is indeed one of the biggest
fallacies around that people in the west and particularly California are
"laid-back".  Quite to the contrary!!  As demonstrated by our freeways, we
are the most uptight bunch on the planet.  Hell, people get shot out here
for not using their turn indicator to signal a lane change!!  Two other
factors should also be strong indicators that this is indeed a conspiracy
formed nearly 30 years ago by a person who eventually became a Massachusetts
senator: 1) The consumption of Prozac in California is higher than all other
50 states combined and 2) In California you will note that everyone is quick
to blame all of their woes on co-dependency.  Mostly 'cause their therapist
said so.  BTW, the apparent reason for this misinformation campaign on the
part of this now senator was that he was exceptionally concerned about
brain-drain and the attractiveness of the California climate.  You see, he
felt his own brain draining and not concerned with a cause-and-effect felt
compelled to shield those who would eventually become his constituency.

True it 'tis!!  Me old Irish grandmother told me, she did!!

Allan
B9472373