Tiger Trunk (Boot) lock

Subject: Tiger Trunk (Boot) lock
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:03:03 +0400
Hey Gang,

Took the Tiger to the grocery store a couple of days ago and, much to
my dismay, when I attempted to open the trunk (boot) the damned push
button thing gave up the ghost... Just depressed all the way without
engaging.  I have spent considerable time messing with it and no way
can I get it open. Button just depresses without result.

If I ever get it open I can figure it out and replace the locking
mechanism with one from Sunbeam Specialties.

Anybody had this problem before?  What is the recommended low tech
solution to this decidedly low tech problem?

(Other than that, the Tiger did just fine, ran like a scalded dog.
Fortunately, there was more than enough room behind the seat for my
groceries...  The crowd of onlookers--Jeez! It sure does attract
'em!--never even realized I had a problem.)

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Fiddlin' With His Trunk Outside Las Cruces, NM, USA
B9471815