Re: Identification Dilema

To: Rich Atherton <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Subject: Re: Identification Dilema
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 17:03:57 +0100

Rich Atherton wrote:

>     Let me see if I have this correct.  You don't like this idea of
> registration, documentation, history of changes, and a plaque showing the
> registration and the major mods for general maintenance needs.  Is this
>correct?

>    becoming concerned at the lack of support for this.....8-(
>
> Rich.

Rich,

No, it is not.  I left your "original message" from me below.

The key words were " Putting information out on bad substitutions may be
deferred
until WAY after sale."

I believe what it implies is that people, being people, will tell you a lot
about
all the good stuff, and little about that stuff that will bite you.  Not against
the concept, just the practiallity.  H-ll, it's hard enough for some people to
accept that a buyer would like to make sure he is getting what he is paying for.
If that concept can't be understood, I hold small hope for any disclosure not
enforceable in a court.  In California, if a property owner knows some negative
information, he and his agent, are required to disclose in writing.  Failure can
result in future liability.  This is a good law, and is followed, for the most
part, becasue of the severity of the penalties.  Nothing like a sharp axe and a
good headsman to keep eveybody honest.

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >