Re: Identification Dilema

To: Rich Atherton <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Subject: Re: Identification Dilema
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 22:38:55 +0100
Rich,

I said I agreed with your concept, and thought it was  a good one.  I also said
I thought most participants would discuss major mods, not  "I just but on new
brake pads".  My only reservation was that of human nature. Yes, I believe that
a hot running Tiger would not have $500 spent to cure it for sale.  Maybe a wax
job, or paint.  It is up to the buyer to have the car examoned until he is
satisfied with the condition, as always.  I sure wish some of the used cars I
owned had been bought from you, then I wouldn;t have had the problems the P.O.
says "that's funny.  When did that start happening?"

I was only commenting on human nature, not your database.  All used cars are sld
"as-is" unless you have a dealer or manufacturer warrantee. You may think "non
of this stuff is secret", and you'd be right, but just look at how many
different "cures" for Hot Tigers you've seen (including mine), all of which
"work fine".

I wish you luck with your project, and even contributed a "first entry".  My
only reservation  is your expections may exceed human nature.  I hope I am
wrong.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >