Re: cooling fans

To: Jim Parent <jparent@yahoo.com>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: cooling fans
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:42:34 +0100
>In looking through my notes, I have found reference to a cooling fan
>that is thought to have a part number of "CF-09DE-A".
>
>That number does not correspond with ford numbers in general.  I have
>found references to six-bladed fans with numbers like C90E-H and C3DE-A.
>
>Does anyone know what the six-bladed fan number is?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Regards,
>
>Jim

JimI found this number in and old letter((CF-09DE-A)) from Allen Connell
hope this helps Armand

The list (Steve, Tom Hall, Tom Ballou, Dick Barker and many others,) seemed
to feel that the Ford six-blade fan was the way to go.  BOY where they
right!!  After an exhaustive search, I finally found one of the blades in
question (CF-09DE-A) on a business trip to the bay area (Mustang Ranch,
Sunnyvale, CA. yup.....my wife questioned that receipt!)  for a hefty $100;
but he did bead-blast the thing clean.  Trimming the blade to fit was a
REAL bear.  I will not go into details, but I trimmed roughly 3/8" off each
blade with a jig I made on my table saw.  Scared me half to death.  (glad
the reinforced blade held up!) I would suggest to others who wish to add
this blade that they do as Steve did: take it to a machine shop.  I was
however very careful and believe I trimmed accruately and kept the blade in
balance.

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie