Brakes, etc.

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brakes, etc.
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 16:13:41 -0700
Listers,

Many moons back we ran a thread regarding racing type, carbon-composite
brake pads. I had raved about how much better the Porterfield brakes were
than the Ferodo DS11's, Repco's, etc. I had been using. Because of all the
hard earned money I've donated to the Porterfield business fund, they just
sent me their latest one-page sales flier. I was a little surprised to see
the range of products they handle, including other performance friction
pads like Performance Friction (love that name!) who are the only ones that
can say they have " Carbon Metallic" pads; also Hawk Brake, and Ferodo.
They also sell high performance rotors "Import and Domestic" Motul
competition brake fluid, Red Line products, Wildwood, Tilton, etc. Anyway,
you get the idea. I'm sure they will be glad to send you a flier if you
call them at 800-537-6842 (outside of CA) or 949-548-4470 in California.

I have not yet tried the Hawk brakes which have been recommended to me over
the Porterfields (cheaper too!). For the ultimate, Performance Friction is
presumably the best since these are what I'm told the big boys run. Calling
Porterfield could get expensive, but they can probably sell you something a
lot better than what you've been using.

BTW, say "Bob told me." and I'll get a 10% discount on my next order. ;>)

"Maximum" Bob