Re: TAC, and the rebuilt Tiger story

To: <brockctella@juno.com>, <harde@cyberesc.net>
Subject: Re: TAC, and the rebuilt Tiger story
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 02:14:54 +1000
    Well, I'd have to disagree.  You could say that "THIS" car is a factory
Sunbeam Tiger, because it wouldn't be...If the your talking about moving the
Fire wall, rear axle, and tranny tunnel (the major differences), over to an
existing Alpine.  This in Essence would be the demise of that Tiger, and the
creation of an Alger, as you guy like to call them.  This what other people have
done from Junk yard Tigers.  The description below is the same thing, accept the
person owns the Tiger.

    If, however, Alpine Body parts were brought over to the Tiger's frame and
incorporated into the Tiger, then it would be the demise of the Alpine, and the
Tiger would be rebuilt, or if some of the secret Jensen welds, or overlaps or
whatever are now missing due to the Alpine parts being used extensively, then
the Tiger should be considered a Re-Bodied Tiger.  If all of the secret parts
are intact (in-Tac'ed), then it would be a normal restored Tiger.

    That's how I would see it.  But then again, I'm not a member of TAC, and
won't be buying a Tiger anyway...

Rich

    However