Engine Rebuild 2

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engine Rebuild 2
From: "Randy Zimmermann" <rzimm@hhh.umn.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:48:36 CST
Hi listers:

Anyone out there have any experience with Mallory distributors?  I
inherited one from the PO and need to determine whether it's worth
keeping.  At this stage of the restoration, I can't afford to spend
a couple hundred $ to upgrade to a fully electronic ignition system.
If I'm ever going to make it to Big Sky next summer with the Tiger
bearing me rather than me it, I have to focus on getting what I have
going.  Anyway, back to the distributor.  It's a Mallory "Shelby"
type with dual points.

Thanks,

Randy Zimmermann
St. Paul, MN
(B382002349)

P.S.  Thanks again for the advise regarding the timing chain
question.  I did go with the double roller type.  I still had to
machine the fuel pump cam a bit to get the timing cover to clear
the cam sprocket but all seems to function as it should.  As you can
probably tell from the above question, I'm finished re-assembling the
engine and am now dealing with accessories.  Then it's back to the
fun stuff like installing the new wiring harness, brake lines &
suspension components.