Re: Engine Rebuild 2

To: "Randy Zimmermann" <rzimm@hhh.umn.edu>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild 2
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:37:52 +0100
>Hi listers:
>
>Anyone out there have any experience with Mallory distributors?  I
>inherited one from the PO and need to determine whether it's worth
>keeping.  At this stage of the restoration, I can't afford to spend
>a couple hundred $ to upgrade to a fully electronic ignition system.
>If I'm ever going to make it to Big Sky next summer with the Tiger
>bearing me rather than me it, I have to focus on getting what I have
>going.  Anyway, back to the distributor.  It's a Mallory "Shelby"
>type with dual points.

Randy I have the mallory dual point with a big yellow accel coil.  works
excellent lots of spark,  never lets me down.  It has a cap that sends the
wires out the sides.  Reminds me of the old  flame thrower dist. on
flathead fords.  any way I think they used that cap to clear the hood
because the mallory seems to sit up a little higher than the stock dist.
regards Armand Ritchie

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie