Re: Tanks Done

To: hoftiger <hoftiger@cinci.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Tanks Done
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 17:58:11 -0700

hoftiger wrote:

> I changed the oil and in the bottom of the oil pan that I drained the
> oil into were a few pieces of metal. The largest is around 1/2" long and
> maybe 1/4 wide. It was folded over so it was only about 1/16" wide but
> it was thin enough metal, almost like aluminum foil or something that I
> could easily unfold it. There is black on one side almost like paint,
> and it will peal off,  while the other side has a golden hue to parts of
> it and the rest looks shiny like aluminum or steel.

> Curt Hoffman

Curt,

When you remove the cap from your plastic oil "cans", or "oil additive" is
there a foil seal that must be removed, similar to those on brake fluid, or
anti-freeze?.  Could be someone pushed it in, instead of removing it
completely, and it got into your system.  I wouldn't use additives, the
ones you need are in the good oil already.
--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >

                         _/