Re: Tanks Done

To: hoftiger@cinci.infi.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tanks Done
From: FrizBMG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 21:17:29 EDT
Hi Curt
 On sep3rd you wrote in part:<<<Of the four bolts holding the drive shaft to
the rear end all four were
at least slightly loose, and two were real loose. They didn't have any
lock washers on them when I tore the car apart and I re-installed them
the same way. Are these supposed to have lock washers or lock nuts?>>>
 Well when I took my driveshaft out of my Mk1a for the bodywork/rebuild my
driveshaft bolts had a soft sort of(silver-colored) washer on the base.Not the
normal kind of lockwasher (well gee,imagine that!)with the springy uneven
ends,but  it would have acted the same way,when the hard metal of the bolt
compressed the soft metal of the washer.
Hope that helps.
Tony